1950年代,美軍油輪靠著紅白相間的高美燈塔引路,停靠在大甲溪出海口外,透過埋設在南邊堤防下的輸油管,將軍機用油送至高北加壓站,再順著管線送至大楊油庫。
大楊油庫(Dayang Oil Depot)曾經有七座,總面積佔地約16公頃,但隨著越戰(Vietnam War)的結束以及中美斷交,油庫漸漸失去其重要性。除了兩座油庫拆除成了現今大楊國小校地,其餘的油庫以廢鐵賣給廠商,陸續拆除回收。拆到最後一座時,經牛罵頭文化協進會、地方人士與在地居民極力爭取、募款,最終集資60萬元買下現存的一座油庫。
即使這座油庫已經不再被使用,它仍然見證了越戰的歷史文化,並成為在地居民與學生和這片土地深刻的連結。
拜訪油庫時,除了遠眺它的雄偉外觀,不妨近距離感受與觀察其顏色、階梯,與隨著歲月剝落的痕跡。
觀察油庫外觀,用100字以內的短文描寫其顏色與外型。
Wow! Look! There is a big brown thing.
挖,你看!
前面有一個大大的棕色東西耶。
Oh, that is the Dayang Oil Depot. It is used to store the oil.
喔∼那是大楊油庫,為了要儲存油而建。
I see. Why is there an oil depot next to the school?
我懂了。那為什麼學校旁會有油庫呢?
It's because of the Vietnam war.
這是因為越戰的關係。
I want to know more!
我還想知道更多!
During the 1950s, the U.S. military used Qingquangang Airport as an air force base. They also built oil depots to store oil for airplanes.
在1950年代,美軍將清泉崗機場設置為空軍基地,同時建造了油庫來儲存軍機用油。
No wonder there are airplanes near the oil depot! Let's take a closer look!
難怪油庫旁會有飛機展示。我們走近看看吧!
- brown 棕色
- oil depot 油庫
- oil 油
- military 軍隊
- airport 機場
- air force base 空軍基地
利用身體部位的長度(例如腳步長、手臂長⋯)丈量大楊油庫的圓周長。
Do you know there used to be seven oil depots here?
你知道以前這裡曾經有七座油庫嗎?
Wow, cool! But I only see one now. Why?
哇!太酷了!但我現在只看到一座耶,為什麼呢?
During the Vietnam War, the U.S.A. built seven oil depots here. However, with the end of the war, those oil depots lost their importance and were dismantled.
在越戰時期,美軍曾經在此建了七座油庫。然而,隨著戰爭的結束,油庫因失去其重要性而被廢棄拆除。
I see.
原來如此。
I know the Dayang Oil Depot is 16 meters tall. And there are 66 steps in the outer ring. It looks amazing!
我知道大楊油庫有16公尺高,外環階梯有66階。它看起來很壯觀。
Wow! And do you know how much oil can be stored in Dayang Oil Depot?
哇!那你知道大楊油庫可以貯存多少油嗎?
That's a good question.
這真是個好問題。
Let's try to measure the circumference of the oil depot and find out the answer.
我們試著測量出油庫的圓周長,再來找出答案吧。
- Vietnam 越南
- war 戰爭
- the U.S.A 美國
- dismantle 拆除
- measure 測量